Thursday, February 19, 2009

I have always felt that Valentines Day was a useless holiday, I mean why celebrate an event only created on the basis of the more you buy your significant other the more you love them? And even worse, why celebrate a holiday that reminds me that I'm alone adn single...No thanks!
But there is one thing I ABSOLUTLY LOVE about this day dedicated to loving one another....Breakfast!
Oh but not just any breakfast, Valentines Day breakfast, every year my mom and dad would set up this fabulous display of love for me and siblings! And it was spectacular, pink and red everything... pancakes, milk, whipped cream, cereal, there were strawberries, rasberries, black berries, and all sorts of other fab food!
Holy Cow, and then there were the little presents they would get us, one year when I was like 6 or 7 years old, my dad brought back these cute little cowgirl outfits complete with red bandana skirt and little white blouse's with cowboy boots on them! That was a great V-Day! But what I -and every other girl on the planet- loved most was all the candy and chocolates!








So I guess it's safe to say that this Holiday isn't all that bad, as long as you know that it's not only ment for people in love, but kids too!


3 comments:

richnliz said...

How sweet!! You know your mom gets that from Grandma?? Grandma always decorated like crazy. So fun miss those days but I do find myself doing the same w/ my kids now and you'll do the same w/ yours. Love you Bre!!

ann said...

way cute! Kelly's the best

Kelly & Brock Bevell said...

We missed you at our Valentine's Breakfast this year Bre. I'm happy you have such sweet memories of the things your dad and I did for you and your siblings. You are so loved!