Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Clinical Adventures!

Ok so I haven't said much or anything at all about CNA clinicals... up until today I haven't wanted to, to be perfectly honest. I really, really, REALLY hate them as it turns out... Im sorry but it takes an incredibly special person to be able to work in a nursing home, nursing center, or hospice type facility. And come to find out, I am not that person. It's not that I don't like helping the residents, I do, most of them are pretty cool. it just makes me beyond sad, oh and nursing homes kind of suck. A smarter idea would be to get trained and take care of your loved ones at home...just my opinion sense actually working at one for 3 weeks!
Anyway I have something exciting to share (well exciting to me Iguess)!!! Today we got to have clinicals at the hospital! Now many of you might not care, but I was shocked that we got to go to the hospital because I was unaware that CNA's were able to work in hospitals. But they are, so i was so looking forward to today and as it turns outs I had good reason to be. Not only was it a huge learnig experience but I found out that as a CNA I can work in OB!! Thats rigth I can work in the maternity ward...and if you know me you know thats a HUGE deal :)
I spent 2 hours in OB today and I know forsure that I have to become a labor and delivery nurse. I actually got to help admit 2 pregnant women today, it was very exciting and educational! Just thought I would say my good new minute ;)

2 comments:

Kelly & Brock Bevell said...

What a great experience for you Bre! Thanks for sharing it. I love you and as your mom I am beyond PROUD of you my dear daughter.

Unknown said...

I hated my CNA clinicals too! I wanna be L&D or NICU or PEDS. So exciting!!