Monday, May 31, 2010

A little inspiration from Colbie Caillat...Lucky

Wow... it's been awhile, a long while sense I've been on here. But I was up and had the strangest urge to blog it out. And I will more than likely get asked a million questions about this specific entry, so for those who might actually read this... do me a favor and DON'T read INTO it!

Well like I said I was up, which is normal for me. But I'm listening to a song by Colbie Caillat and Jason Maraz ( for those who haven't listened to them, get from under your rock and get on google!) called "Lucky". The song is about being in love with your best friend, and how lucky to be that person who is in love with their best friend and all the great things go along with being in love with your best friend. And it dawned on me... What would it be like to be in love with your best friend? Now I know every married person that reads this is going to say, " Well Bre it's great, i mean I am in love with my best...I married my best friend!" And thats all well and great, but it's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about that one person who has been your friend sense birth, the one you played with when you were 5, the one you went to high school with, the one can sit in silence with and feel perfectly normal with or totally crazy...whatever the occasion! That is the Best Friend I'm referring to.

Now most of you now that I have moved yet again... this time to Thatcher, AZ to go to school at EAC. Being that I'm here in yet ANOTHER small town, everyone knows each other including all my church leaders. Well today was my first Sunday at the singles ward down here and all the Bishops spoke in our combined Relief Society/Priesthood meeting ( there are 4 singles wards, but in the summer we all meet together). And wouldn't you know it the topic of choice for all 4 Bishops that spoke was....MARRIAGE!!! If that's not an obvious smack to all us single people... just kidding!
Anyways, yes the topic was marriage but along the lines of always keeping an eye out for the kind of person we want to spend eternity with. Which of course got me thinking about the list I had to make as a beehive talking about all the "qualities" I want in my future husband. I would share it, but I want to hold on to my dignity for just a little bit longer. So while I was pondering that ridiculous list, the Bishop of the 3rd ward got up to speak. And this is where the song reference comes in, he married is honest to goodness best friend! They knew each other as children, dated in high school and were married after his mission.

I LOVE THIS! How simple, yet complex, how beautiful yet messy! I mean you have to think that marrying your very best friend would be crazy amazing...the one person in the world who already knows your secrets before you tell them, who has seen the bad and ugly WAY before they see the good and beautiful. The one person who knows you inside and out, upside down and right side up. The one you shared gummy bears and crayons with before hugs and kisses. How...magical!

So you can understand why this song led my to pose this question... What would it be like to be in love with you best friend?

I think I pretty much envy those people who are lucky enough to marry their honest to goodness best friend :)

1 comment:

Lynden said...

What a funky font. Scary thought to have a relationship with someone who "knows" you so well... What would happen if it never worked out? That may be awkward.... Anyhow cool blog thing, that post was too cute for me :S