Monday, September 1, 2008

Elder Chapman Comes Home!!!



I just thought that I would take a moment to give all who weren't able to see Elder Chapman come home... a little look! We went to the Idaho Falls airport and he graced us with his presence at about 10:15 pm!!! It was wonderful to see him again...he hasn't changed a bit, Jacob is still the same adorably goofy "Jacob" as when he left!






Being able to be apart of the wonderful expericne and share this incredibly emotional moment in the Chapman family was honoring. I have never had the priviledge of waiting at the airport for a missionary to return home. But let me just say that it was an amazingly spirital experience, one that I will charish for the remainder of my days! Watching Jacob step out the security check point and into the open room where we all stood and waited in anticipation was awesome adn brought tears to my eyes aswell as the rest of the family's.
We were all waiting to see who the first person was that young Elder Chapman would hug first! I ( like most of the family) said it was going to be his sweet mother....but grandpa chapman begged to differ. "I think he will give his old grandpa the first hug", Grandpa said this to us we walked into the airport! And sure enough, when Jacob walked out to greet us is was Terry Chapman that recieved the very first hug from our return missionary!!! But not to worry, aunt Kirsti got her hug....she was last, which makes me think that saved the best and most special hug for last:)!!!

3 comments:

ann said...

Yeah, I'm so glad you joined the ranks of the blogging world. This truly is the best way to share your lives with people. Love the two posts, you are funny. I have already added you to my list of blogs, and if you want to personally communicate with beau or gracie, leave a comment on their blogs, beautheconstrictor.blogspot.com and gracie-girls.blogspot.com

richnliz said...

Breeann I have been meaning to get a card in the mail to you hoping all is well with you and now I don't have to thanks for starting a blog so I can follow up on all your happenings. You can leave a comment on mine by just clicking on the pic or my name. Its actually a blog for Rich who turns 40 in 2009. Did school start up yet?

ann said...

Bre...Uncle Steve here. We will enjoy keeping up to date with you through your blog. Also, you may want to add a picture of a cauliflower ear somewhere on the site...I think it would make a good finishing touch. Have fun in Rexburg.